Friday, November 17, 2006

Fuck Art, Let's Dance

I always listen to music when I paint. I have over 5,000 tracks in my iTunes library but these are the six songs I've been playing again and again, really loud:
Redondo Beach by Patti Smith

Military Rap
by Debbie Harry

Lovertits by Peaches
Hunter by Björk
Reeling by PJ Harvey
Fite Dem Back by Linton Kwesi Johnson
I listen to a lot of other stuff – from Glenn Gould's interpretations of Bach to nearly everything by Ali Farke Touré – but right now, these six mean the most to me. If I'm feeling edgy or uninspired, they seep into my subconscious like a benign drug and soothe it enough to enable me to get lost in my work.

2 comments:

Nathalie Winberg said...

"Fuck Art, Let's Dance", hey that's been my motto since I started taking a class!

And since I started thinking that way I have been more productive and inspired than ever :D

d.edlen said...

Strong taste you had back then. I'm sure it is now too. What do you rotate the most in your studio?

Peace.