Friday, November 03, 2006

What's Luck Got To Do With It?

I used to believe that you make your own luck. I still believe it, but I also recognise that there's something more: a rare but unarguable magic that makes everything come together. Some people refer to it as being in the the right place at the right time. Still, unless you recognise it, take advantage of it, and work harder than ever, it can pass you by.
I'm living my dream now and even though I am not at all spiritual, I can't help feeling blessed. When I was younger, I truly hated my life – it didn't even feel like a life but rather a long, hard sentence I was condemned to serve. I'm not sure what I did to get that sentence commuted but now my life is defined by the sort of freedom and independence that I always craved.
Talk about a lucky escape!

2 comments:

Batman said...

I believe there is no luck, only divine intervention, and there's no such thing as addiction, only habitual sin. Two sides of the same coin, I would think....

Blank.Bare.Clean said...

I feel like I'm just now turning the page from the same type of chapter. I've never looked at my youth as being the best days of my life. Great share.