Saturday, December 23, 2006

Cutting Myself Some Slack

I haven't been as disciplined as usual about updating this blog but then for the past week I haven't been as disciplined as usual in nearly every aspect of my life.
I've needed a break. I've been going to bed early and getting up late. I've been having long lunches at out-of-the-way places with my boyfriend and spending hours making crazy love with him
outside, in the warm sun, on over-sized Indonesian cushions scattered across my verandah. I have sent hand-painted Christmas cards. I've entertained one or two old friends. I have caught up with some reading. I have even watched TV.
Art hasn't been ignored but it hasn't been allowed to dominate the way it usually does. After ten years, I have finally understood that 'having a life' can be an art in itself.
My work and life are the better for it.

No comments: