Friday, April 27, 2007

Flushed Away

I began painting again today.
I have at least eighteen months of commissions to complete, all planned to a tight schedule that was thrown into disarray when I fell ill for a couple of months. However, I promised myself that before I got back to them, I would continue the series of
diaristic, erotic watercolours I showed at Art Melbourne.
My imagination constantly sucks in colours, textures, sensations, sounds, phrases, and movements in random, snapshot-like freeze-frames, whether I want it to or not. If I go too long without painting for me – me alone, not for a collector or an exhibition – it all eventually decays and congeals to become a fetid mental sludge. Making new work flushes it out, enabling me to think and feel better.

1 comment:

D Howard said...

What does Art mean to you?