Sunday, April 01, 2007

Learning A Lightness Of Being

After several days of rest – which I still can't help but think of as indolence – I was ready for a little physical exertion. Yesterday, I had my first Pilates lesson, and what I imagined would be somewhat arcane and mechanical turned out to be a lot of fun. This morning, after a brisk walk along the beach, I submitted to a hot rocks massage. Usually, I don't like the idea of a complete stranger kneading my muscles – I'm uncomfortable enough just talking to strangers on the phone – but afterwards, my whole body felt relieved of its wire-sprung tensions.
I am not yet ready to paint. I am still learning to daydream with no purpose. This feels like enough for the moment.

1 comment:

Bart said...

I am almost amazed about how well you seem to be able to follow the advice. I know it isn't easy at all to stop and do nothing. It's like taking a risk, a letting go. But what is it we let go? It's like he title of your blog... we only have ourselves, it's the most important thing in the world.
I hope you can find the strength to take the time it needs.