Sunday, April 29, 2007

Today Is A Bad Day

Sometimes, the thought of having to spend a day painting makes me sick.This morning, I woke up after eight hours of undisturbed sleep and felt exhausted. I had a throbbing headache and I was nauseous enough to want to vomit. I curled up under the covers. I ignored the nagging voice reminding me that there was really nothing wrong, that the only thing afflicting me was fear.
This is unrelated to how well or badly my work is going. Yesterday, I was happy. I almost finished the first in a new series of watercolours I am already referring to as Kelly, The Second Time in just a few hours. Today, I am not short of ideas for several more. So what is it that's bearing down on me so hard? I'm getting some expert help to try to figure that out. In the meantime, I just have to ride out bad days like this and not let too many of them interfere with my productivity. Maintaining that, regardless of how I'm feeling, is the only effective antidote.
It's easier said than done.

1 comment:

Bart said...

I understand your reasoning, but somehow "time" is often beneficial. I know it must be hard, but even when good ideas are present it seems that sometimes one just has to trust the future, yourself.
You'll do great, when you want.