Friday, June 29, 2007

Soundtrack From Another Life

I found a copy of a song – At The Helm by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien with Hieroglyphics – that I played a lot when I was younger, when I was painting without sleep for 24 to 48 hours at a time.The song kept me going back then. I was broke, alone and exhausted. All my friends were going out to dinners, films, or parties. All I had was my work and my ambition. Listening to it again made me realise just how far I've come, how different (and so much better) my life is now. Those sad, solitary times were worth it.

1 comment:

drips of paint said...

//..Those sad solitary times were worth it.//

It is often very true....I am glad you made it to "now"

I like your style of writing too. very raw & direct. Your painting & voice are provocative and necessary.