Sunday, December 09, 2007

My First London Auction!

My work turned up at major auctions in Australia for the first time this year. Six early paintings, none of them my best, fell under the hammer for bids between $4,000 and $12,000 (Australian).
This Wednesday, 12th December, at 10:30am, my work will make its first appearance at a foreign auction house when two of my early enamel paintings – Sports Babe: Tennis, 2000, high gloss enamel on board, 100.3cms x 149.8cms (Lot 0092) and Sports Babe: Cricket, 2005, acrylic with high gloss enamel and reflective vinyl on board, 100.3cms x 149.8cms (Lot 0093) – will be auctioned by Christie's, 8 King Street, St. James's, London, as part of Modern + Contemporary Australian Art With Works by New Zealand & South African Artists.
I'm the youngest artist to have works included in this prestigious sale and one of only a few women (Tracey Moffat is another). Among the other artists are Jeffrey Smart, Sir Arthur Streeton, Frederick McCubbin, Norman Lindsay, John Perceval, Sir Sidney Nolan, Ray Crooke, Charles Blackman, Albert Namatjira, and Brett Whiteley.
Estimates for both my works are broad – between 8,000 and 12,000 UK pounds! – but if you're interested in bidding for them, register your interest with Nicholas Lambourn at Christies, tel: +44 (0)20 7389 2040 or nlambourn@christies.com

No comments: