Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Tis The Night Before, Sort Of

I've just finished the first in my new series of large – 2 metres by 1.7 metres – oil-on-canvas paintings, Dangerous Career Babes. Commissioned by an up-and coming Australian gallerist, it's titled, The Art Dealer, and from the Damien Hirst dots in the background to the dollar notes wafting from the hands of the leggy, cheese-cake babe centre-frame, makes obvious fun of the whole ugly idea of art as commodity.
I am now going to take it easy over the next week or so. I owe myself a break. I will add an entry here only occasionally before the second week of the new year.
I want to thank everyone who has read this blog and taken the time to comment or be in contact with me via email about it. Writing has become an important part of my creative routine, a way to express myself that is discrete from my art – and, at times, personally indiscreet – as well as encourage and sustain a dialogue with those who are genuinely interested not just in my work but art in general. I can't wait to develop this further, next year.
Until then, I wish everyone a happy, peaceful holiday!

2 comments:

Tina Mammoser said...

Thanks for sharing this with us before Christmas. Have a great holiday and a relaxing break.
Tina.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for your blogs .... the main reason I visit your site. I find them incredibly thought provoking and genuine.