Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mood Music

I've been unwell: pounding headaches that, like a bitter tide, ebb and flow between heavy doses of an analgesic.
I don't know if it's a virus, tiredness, stress, or psychosomatic but it's made me unproductive and restless. I've been listening to an old mix tape to soothe my bad mood. It might not be the greatest thing for my head - the music is mostly beat-driven - but at least the throbbing now coincides with some kind of rhythm.
Once Again
, Cypress HillLoco En El Coco, Cypress HillCome Around (feat. Timbaland), M.I.A.Phenomenon, LL Cool JAround the Way Girl, LL Cool JBongo Bongo, Manu ChaoIt's Alright, Bob MarleyCould You Be Loved, Bob Marley & The WailersThe Seed (2.0), Cody Chesnutt & The RootsGood Luck, Basement Jaxx & Lisa KekaulaLet Me Turn You On, Biz MarkieI Love My Bitch, Busta Rhymes, Kelis & will.i.amTrick Me, KelisMan Overboard, BlondieCaution, Bob Marley

1 comment:

Neil said...

For some alternative Marley music check out "Welcome to Jamrock" by Damian Marley, if you haven't done so already. A different take on reggae where we works with a lot of rap musicians. Well worth a listen.