Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Off The Clock

I worked for over eighteen hours straight on the last of a commission of four Dangerous Career Babes. Three are already drying in a corner of the studio and within a few days, they will be packed and consigned to him. I hope to have the fourth ready to leave with them. I am tired and a little fed-up with my production-line approach to this series – an approach in keeping with its intellectual concept but tedious and enervating to keep up for months at a time. I need a break.
I woke up late this morning. I'd collapsed on the edge of my bed, still clothed. My dress was rucked up above my knees, my t-shirt twisted tight around my chest. I looked like a blousey old tart after a busy night on the street – hmm, which famous female artist does that sound like? – except I still had a pencil gripped tightly in one hand. My mouth was parched and my eyes were scratchy and sore.
In another 48 hours I have to be on a plane. Now all I have to do is remember where I'm meant to be going.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

The good thing is that they are done!! Tiring indeed but they're done..congrats. Enjoy your trip, and yeah remember where you're going.

Luv your blog :)