Friday, August 01, 2008

Ask Me No Questions, I'll Tell You No Lies

Even at the end of a week in which it was hard to avoid images of myself wherever I went in Melbourne, it was fun to come across a light-hearted Q&A with me in the popular weekend magazine, Good Weekend, included in the city's leading newspaper. The questions for it were originally sent to me by email and I remember answering them quickly, almost without thinking. The result was unexpected – I could remember neither the questions nor the answers – and it kept me entertained over breakfast.
I felt, suddenly, very homesick today. I don't want to be in this hotel room anymore. I want to be in my own house, overlooking the ocean, surrounded by my books, my 'stuff'. Unfortunatey, I have appointments that will keep me in Melbourne for another day or so.

No comments: