Monday, December 15, 2008

Big Night Nerves (Again)

Having just recovered from the nail-biting roller-coaster of the Deutscher-Menzies sale of Drowned Ophelia, last week, I am gathering my nerves to go through it all again. Tomorrow evening, Australian time (10.30a.m. in the UK), The Aviatrix, from my enamel on board series, Dangerous Career Babes, will go under the hammer at Christie's sale of Modern And Contemporary Australian and South African Art in London. The pre-sale estimate is a heady $A32,000 to $A37,000.
London is a much tougher market, beset by the full effects of the current global economic downturn. I really appreciate the confidence of the Australian collector who submitted my work to the sale. I'm just relieved that I don't have to go through this nerve-wracking anticipation more than a couple of times a year.

1 comment:

artcanyell said...

why did he choose London and not Melbourne or Sydney to sell it? I guess he thought London was a bigger market, more international and would attract bigger money.

I wonder if Picasso shakes and rattles in his grave whenever one of his paintings are auctioned off. I can see him crack open the Dom Perignon and clink glasses with god, Michelangelo and Dora when the millions are paid