Thursday, March 19, 2009

Peace Work

Once again, I'm living somewhat schizophrenically between the industrial tasks associated with completing a handful of large enamel paintings and the imaginative process of developing preliminary drawings for several unexpected new commissions. There are also some low-key promotional projects to undertake ahead of the Menzies Art Brands auction of three of my works on Wednesday, next week.
As usual, the regularity of my blog entries has suffered.
I like the rhythm of busy days, even if several hours can be wasted driving from one end of the city to another. The fragile edges of my psyche begin to fray if I have too much time on my hands. I get to thinking too much. It's always better for me to be doing, making, producing.

2 comments:

jmeadows said...

Spending too much time inside my head has always been my undoing

sue beyer said...

I am discovering the same thing happens to me when I am not busy