Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Eye Of The Storm

I have been striving to get as much work as possible out of the studio ahead of Australia's long shut down from Christmas Eve to the middle of January.
I've been cleaning, re-touching and wrapping the last few enamels being consigned this year and in between, inspecting the last of the The Yes/No Stencils for flaws as each coat of enamel dries so that these, too, can also be readied for shipment. I have sent books and t-shirts to collectors and friends in the U.S. and Hong Kong and studies and small drawings to Australian collectors.
Also, I've been trying to finish another Big Pin-Up and sketch rough studies for a couple of other large enamel paintings. I am short on sleep and patience.
I'm looking forward to the absolute stillness – and with it, time for myself – that I know will descend in a day or two.
My life will be chaotic again soon enough. There are already ominous signs that trouble long-brewing for me in the one part of my working life still entangled with my past might come to a head in early January. Whatever unfolds, I'm determined to be undistracted by it.

3 comments:

Fogbound said...

It's always nice to have a bit of a break at the end of the year, time to focus and plan. Enjoy yours. Also, I like your Christmas photo with the post. You're looking good!

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely xmas and I am sure you will be well rested and prepared to take on whatever 2010 presents!!

S x

Anonymous said...

The chaos looming I imagine means some legal stoush with significant financial consequences. Good luck.

vg