Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sic transit

I returned from Melbourne to bad news. I left Sydney for Brisbane just 48 hours later but not before putting in two sleepless days in the studio to prepare works for consignment next week. I didn't bother to unpack or even shower. I pity the fellow passenger who had to sit next to me for the 90-minute flight north.
I'm not sure how long I'll be here. A few days. Not more than a week. I've had to surrender to uncertainty and accept that what happens in each hour – let alone each day – is mutable and beyond my control. I'm no longer the centre of my own little world. I'm at the periphery of someone else's. My role, if I have one at all, is to tender support, love and care. Nothing more.
I can't think about art. I can't even think. And right now it doesn't really matter.

8 comments:

evilchimpo said...

Best wishes to you and yours, Hazel. I hope every day brings you a peaceful moment. -j

matt said...

hope you're ok Hazel

bec said...

I wish I had something helpful or comforting to say... Sending love and support your way in thought... xo

karo Akpokiere said...

My thoughts go to you. I wish you all the best where you are.

Kirsty Hall said...

Sorry the news was bad, Hazel - thinking of you and yours.

Rowlsey said...

Sending you much love xx

faunawolf said...

I shall send you metta.

Kellie said...

sending love to you and yours' Hazel. here if u need anything, xo