Tuesday, July 05, 2016

From Hazel

In response to requests, I've created a site where I'll archive Snaps from my series A Lo-Res Letter To You.

Initially I trialled accounts at Instagram and Twitter. But neither complemented my original idea. I want the experience of viewing the series to be direct and intimate, uninterrupted by public comments and conversations – or advertising. I found a solution at the micro-blogging platform Tumblr.

My new site fromhazel.tumblr.com is uncluttered and easy to navigate. It will be an archive for Snaps from A Lo-Res Letter To You. Images will be posted daily – a week or so after they were sent via Snapchat. This allows me to upload Snaps in bulk and program Tumblr to post them automatically every 24 hours. I hadn't planned on adding another site to my online presence so I needed to find a method that's time efficient. I've already posted a few images so you can see what it will be like.

Daily updates to fromhazel.tumblr.com will begin on Monday, 11th July.

No comments: