Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Not Quite Instant

Sweet pea flower, Wednesday 23 November, 2016. Photograph taken with a Panasonic Lumix GF1

Over the last month I've refined the idea of adding 'instant' photos to my Dooney Lives series.

Instead of using a camera designed for instant film, I prefer taking photos with a digital camera or smartphone. I print them as instant photographs using an early version of the Impossible Instant Lab. The final result looks like a Polaroid but the approach allows more freedom.


For now, I'm collecting images and making mock-up examples of how they'll fit with the series. I share some of them on Twitter or Instagram (I'm using each social media platform as a kind of diary). When I've earned enough money to buy film
I'll print them – only one instant photograph of each image.

Below: Self portrait with insomnia, Thursday 17 November, 2016. Photograph taken in the early hours of the morning using an iPhone 4 and Hipstamatic app.



No comments: